Public-Private Partnership Supports Local Restaurants, Families
The City of Cedar Rapids, in partnership with the Cedar Rapids Community School District, is increasing food distribution to families in need while at the same time supporting local restaurants. This July, restaurants will have the opportunity to provide meals to qualified families enrolled in the Kids on Course University and Take 5! Reading programs sponsored by the Cedar Rapids Community School District and Zach Johnson Foundation.
All locally owned restaurants are welcome to participate, with priority given to restaurants enrolled in the Payroll Protection Program (PPP). By assisting with meal preparation and distribution, restaurants benefit by having additional work for their employees, while also supporting local families in need!
- Restaurants prepare and package meals for distribution to local families
- Meals should be “take and bake” – no hot food, please
- Meals should be packaged and labeled with ingredients and reheating instructions
- The Cedar Rapids Community School District will oversee distribution once drop-off is complete.
- The City will reimburse restaurants $5 for every single serving of food (a meal for one person = $5 reimbursement; a meal for four people = $20 reimbursement)
Please contact Stephanie Schrader at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-286-5855.
Ready to sign up your business?
Please complete a quick online form.